This episode discusses the importance of self-care, especially during the holidays, for those living with aphasia and their caregivers. It provides four key takeaways to stay balanced, organized, and stress-free. Ideas for self-care include asking for help, being mindful, expressing gratitude, and getting professional help if needed. It also recommends attending the holiday webinar and listening to the Listen for Life Podcast for further assistance.
1. Self-Care for Caregivers of Individuals with Aphasia During the Holidays (00:00 - 07:43)
2. Taking Time Out for Self-Care: Overcoming the Resistance and Acknowledging Your Feelings (07:43 - 14:52)
3. Scheduling 'Me Time': How To Receive Help and Find Gratitude Amid Stressful Times (14:52 - 21:48)
4. Self-Care Strategies for Caregivers and People With Aphasia (21:48 - 28:57)
5. The Self-Care Revolution: Take Time for Yourself and Make Holidays Aphasia Inclusive (28:58 - 36:35)
6. Take Care of Yourself: Tips From the Listen For Life Podcast (36:35 - 37:58)